The Harn Homestead Museum needs volunteers to assist with the following:
- Daily Guided Harn House Tours at 11:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
- Answering phones and greeting visitors 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Gardening throughout the spring and summer months. Flexible schedule.
- Harn Homestead's Christmas on the Prairie, First Friday in December annually
- Assisting with field trips (October, November, March, April, and May)
Training will be provided to each event. Duties include teaching field trip curriculum, admissions, historic house tours, gardening, and more. To volunteer, call David Sapper, Education Director at 405-235-4058.
All internships offer a Flexible Schedule. Regular office hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Summer office hours are 9:00a.m. - 2:00p.m. Some evening and weekend work is required during special events. Internships are non-paid, and university credit is available.
Coursework in education, history, or related field preferred. Must possess a willingness to work with a diverse group of individuals in an outdoor environment. Must have good organizational, customer service, outside sales, public speaking, excellent computer and time management skills. Must be willing to dress in historic costumes that are provided when needed. Work is both outdoors and indoors and does entail a lot of walking, standing, and occasional lifting.
All applicants need to send a resume with a cover letter outlining the internship for which you are applying to Harn Homestead at 1721 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 or via email at [email protected] No phone calls please. Since work is with elementary school children, qualified applicants will also need to undergo a background check.